Sunday, November 7, 2010

A New Theme in my Work




Pandas, for me, represent that steady calm that comes with fully understanding who you are, what you want and what you're all about.  I know most people are drawn to them because they're "cute and cuddly" and so there's that "popular opinion" that just begs to be questioned, challenged and maybe even openly attacked (as can be seen when I depict Pandas as a bit less than "cuddly").  Furthermore, pandas have become an international symbol, like the polar bear, of global climate issues and environmental awareness. Just as I don't go around pushing my religious beliefs as the "one true way" neither do I beat the brow of the environmentally unconscious, but I do feel there could be some real interest applied to the concerns and real time issues that have been developing.  So, are my Panda Paintings environmentally charged as well as "cute and cuddly"?  Perhaps so, but only in the sense that when all the Pandas are gone, who'll be here to miss them?

No comments:

Post a Comment