Wednesday, January 15, 2014

H2G2 paper art toys

The original set. Well, almost original. Marvin was a redo because the first one was attacked by a small dog. Poetic, right? Dy, a fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy had bought the original Marvin from one of my H2G2 themed series which I start about this time of year since Adams' birthday is in March. She loved Marvin so much she asked if I'd make a few more. So I did and soon Ford, Zaphod, Trillian and Apeman...I mean Arthur joined the paranoid android.

I then got to working on Deep Thought which I wanted to be a bit more grand than the main line. Of course, there wouldn't have been a Deep Thought without the pan-dimensional hyper intelligent beings wanting an answer to the ages old question to life, the universe and everything?
Then there are the Vogons. What can I say about the Vogons that hasn't already been said or expressed in their eloquent emotive poetry? So I again 'broke form' for the character of Jeltz. 


I wrap up this installment with my favorite character from the movie: Slotty Bartfast. It was difficult to decide on which expression to give him so I went with the face he made just before Arthur asked him if he was happy with just hanging the sense of it all and keeping busy.


The next round is on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment