Saturday, July 31, 2010

Because I am an Arcade Kid

So, an art buddy of mine, John Hageman, posted up this cutout of Bomberman he did.  Really Cool!!  A few years back, I had done some Pac Man cutouts that now grace the walls of an other art friend, Nicolas Ceasar.  It got me to thinking that I should revisit that project but in a different perspective.  So I started making Hakos of some of my favorite Arcade games.  Here's the first batch from Dig Dug.


They are Hakos, so they're put together and hand painted rather than being just another papercraft you print and fold, though, I plan to release a book which will feature some of my all time favorites and some new ones that you can cut out and assemble and even a few Hakomorphs to customize.  There will also be some environments for the Arcadians (temporary project name) like the underground for Dig Dug or a maze for Pac Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment