Friday, July 2, 2010

New Hakos sent to United Coffee House


So, I'm trying out a few different ideas, most notable is the last Hako with an actual scene painted around it.  Just to note: there are 42 butterflies on it.  The other idea was the dragon looking fellow.  I called it Drake.  I was trying out the pattern I use to make the fins on my Hako Rockets as spines.  I don't have a photo of the back, but I'm very pleased with the results.  Another experiment is the yellow bunny with all squared off elements.  The balance of the design is fairly stable and I like the way the character captures that 16 bit video game feel.  The Hako Bunnies, the one pictured to the left of the yellow chap, are fun to make and quite versatile.  They do take a bit longer than the average Hako due to added elements...so much more cutting and all of it done by hand.  I've forgone the old aesthetic of 1.25x1.25x2 and have gone in favor of letting the material determine size and proportions, though, the cube or HAKO is still a stable and consistent proportion, the sizes really fluctuate a lot now.  I feel it gives the Hakos more variety.

I've started another batch a few days ago and they should all be ready to photograph by this evening.  There's been this idea flitting around in my head lately for a new, fanciful HakoElement.  I hope you all like it...

Cinder

No comments:

Post a Comment