Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Buster" the Zombie

I've been experimenting with a new pattern I developed a few months ago. Trying all sorts of modifications and add-ons; just to see how far I can push the form. So far, there hasn't been a collapse of the shapes or models. Pretty good! So, the first few results were basically a three-dimensional representation of the Mach II Cinderbot which now dominates much of my paintings.
Cute, eh? I did a bunch of these and realized that they need a base in order to keep standing. Not an issue with me since I base almost all of my models anyway. Later on I began structural testing with "Johny Bones":



Okay, so the body can withstand at least a 30% reduction in material, COOL! I also developed a treasure chest pattern for this model which will become part of the HakoBot game. Now onto the latest test, 50% structural modification and appliances. I give you.... "Buster, the Retail Zombie"!


Now for some side notes about this model: Yes, I did it because I wanted to push the template. Yes, it is also a Halloween Show piece. But the thought you may be thinking is...
"If he's a Rotten Zombie, all green and moldy, how come his guts are bright red and drippy? Shouldn't they be all rotten too?" Yes, they should, and they are...those aren't his guts. You see, if a Zombie "eats" a person, it would stand to reason that they may even try to ingest that person. So what happens to "food" when it passes through a Zombie. Well, it just passes through or out in this case. There's probably no metabolic activity going on, I mean, it's DEAD right? So the person bits a Zombie "swallows" would just accumulate in the body cavity until the Zombie rots through enough to have it all just spill out. Of course, most cinema Zombies aren't shown swallowing, just gnaw, rip, chew, gnaw, rip, chew... but I'm sure at some point, something gets down the throat, you know, no gag reflex probably.



1 comment:

  1. Cinder, really, you are amazing. Your kids are so lucky to have such a cool and creative Papi. :)

    ReplyDelete