Monday, January 16, 2012

Collaborative Work for MAIYA Gallery


These pieces began as a conversation with Mark Niemeyer about the similarities in our themes and subjects and the differences in our approaches and technique. We talked about each of us painting the same robot in our own styles. The project went through the usual evolutionary process and with some encouragement from Kelly, Mark and I agreed that we would each paint a background then swap canvases.  There would be no preconceived subjects or themes.  Just free painting of a background.  The experience for me was a lot of fun as I have often reworked not only my own canvases but have customized album covers and posters on occasion.


These works are available at the MAIYA gallery in Sacramento at 22nd and Jst.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Trying to contact you, but I can't find an email. Can you send me your email address? jon [dot] nall [at] gmail [dot] com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there should be a link in my profile or on the side board...

    I'll fix it...

    ReplyDelete